Oso cofounder/CTO Sam Scott led a talk on authorization patterns in Node.js applications. Watch the 50+ minute video below to learn about:
- The difference between authentication + authorization
- Best practices for implementing roles + permissions
- An intro to authorization + Oso, and why it matters
- Common access control patterns in a Node.js application
- Fast and secure ways to implement them in a sample B2B SaaS application
Some useful links for more on this topic:
- Adding Authorization to a Serverless Node.js App
- Adding Authorization to a Node.js App – Beyond Role-Based Access Control (RBAC)
- Node.js Authorization Library
If you have any feedback, or want to chat about authorization and Node.js, come join us in Slack.
Thanks to Codesmith.io for hosting the event.