Oso cofounder/CTO, Sam Scott, was live on Twitch for our "Tea with Sam" series giving a behind-the-scenes look into the new roles building blocks we're adding to the SQLAlchemy library.
Authorization system design can be a daunting task, which is why we're building common patterns like hierarchies, tenants, and roles into the Oso library to help users solve for this. Watch the 1-hour long video to hear from Sam on:
- How these authorization models work and how they fit together
- An example application that uses these models, which we call GitClub (a GitHub clone)
- Oso's declarative template for implementing roles, it's as simple as filling in the fields and moving on
- How all the logic backing the implementation can be written in ~40 lines of Polar
- How using Polar unlocks new features like introspecting the policy to query for role definitions and permissions
sqlalchemy-oso Early Access
We're actively working on developing new sqlalchemy-oso library features to better support building role-based access control (RBAC) for B2B applications. If you want early access to the next version of sqlalchemy-oso, sign up here to get notified. And if you have questions join us on Slack, we'd love to hear from you!
Next "Tea with Sam"
We'll be hosting our next "Tea w/ Sam" session next month and will continue giving a look into Oso development and some of the latest features that the engineering team is working on. These sessions give us an opportunity to hear from our community and learn from your questions and feedback — hope to see you there!
If you'd like to get a reminder for the next scheduled Twitch session, sign up with your email below.