oso puts security in the hands of the makers. We're doing this by delivering security as code, or as Charity Majors (cofounder & CTO of Honeycomb) put it, "Consumer-quality developer tools" for security.
To deliver on our vision we need to grow the team a lot. And to grow the team we are hiring our first recruiter. This person will report to the founder/CEO and work closely with him to more than triple the size of the company while continuing to raise the bar.
What you'll do
- Build and own the end-to-end recruiting process for all roles
- Source candidates from all the usual places, but also experiment with creative approaches to finding new sources of candidates
- Prioritize creating a candidate pipeline that is as diverse as we plan for our team to be
- Be a partner in the recruiting forecast and be accountable to our recruiting targets
- Measure and report on our funnel; conduct ad hoc analyses to identify trends and gaps, and diagnose issues
- Identify ways to raise the bar on who joins the team
- Give candidates every reason to speak well of oso, regardless of the decision outcome
Who you are
- You're an owner. You're accountable to the recruiting number and quality of the team over the process. You prioritize the company's success over the success of any one project.
- You like to ship. You get satisfaction from putting candidates in the pipeline over formulating the perfect process. You prioritize speed over explicit permission, and a calculated risk over further analysis.
- You're for the makers. You understand our user base, developers – which in many cases overlaps with our candidate base – and can articulate our vision to candidates.
- You give and take feedback. You seek out critical feedback. You have the courage to give critical feedback to others.
- You pierce your echo chamber. You get that building a diverse team is not about hitting a quota, it's about building a diverse set of inputs so we get to better outputs. You ask questions, and look for your blind spots by talking to people who aren't like you.
- You're always learning. You have a history of practice and expansion. You're not afraid to take something on just because you don’t know how to do it yet.
- You can see your team as people. You have their backs and cheer them on.
- Recruiting experience at a startup
- Full lifecycle candidate management including identification, interview preparation and closing
- Ability to qualify candidates on basic technical bar and fit
Nice to have
- Experience at an infrastructure technology company